Equipment And Supplies
Here are the specifications for recommended microscopes:
This is a digital LED trinocular compound microscope that includes a digital imaging system. The trinocular microscopy comes with a 45° inclined 360° swiveling trinocular sliding viewing head, two pairs of widefield eyepieces, four achromatic objectives, stain-resistant double layer mechanical stage with scales, coarse & fine focusing, NA 1.25 Abbe condenser and variable intensity LED transmitted illumination system. It offers six levels of magnification power: 40X-100X-250X-400X-1000X-2500X. The digital camera captures still images, streams live videos on your computers, and is compatible with Windows, and Mac OS X (see version information below). The user-friendly editing and processing software for Windows offers advanced features including stitching, EDF (Extended Depth of Focus), video recording and measurement functions. The software allows you to make notes, shapes, and watermarks with ease. You can analyze, present, and share images of samples and specimens using the software. This type of digital compound microscopy is perfect for teaching demonstration and clinical examination, laboratories and advanced applications.
Here a couple of links for some of the types of recommended microscopes:
- Total magnification: 40X-100X-250X-400X-1000X-2500X; Eyepieces: wide field WF10X and WF25X; Objective: achromatic DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil); Viewing head: 45 degrees inclined 360 degrees swiveling trinocular; Sliding adjustable interpupillary distance: 2-3/16inch ~ 2-15/16inch(55mm ~ 75mm); Ocular diopter adjustable on both eyetubes
- Nosepiece: revolving quadruple; Stage: mechanical double layer size: 4-1/2inchx 4-15/16inch (115mm x 125mm); Stage x-y stroke (travel range): 2-13/16inch x 1-3/16inch (70mm x 30mm); Condenser and diaphragm: NA1.25 Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Transmitted (lower) illuminator: LED light, intensity adjustable; Focus adjustment: Coaxial coarse and fine knobs on both sides; All metal mechanical components; Power supply: AC/DC adapter, 100V-240V (UL approved)
- Digital camera: – True color 640x480 pixels (0.3MP) – Frame speed: 30fps at 640x480 – Software compatible with Windows and Mac OS X operating systems – Offers capturing still images, stitching, EDF, video recording and measurement functions – USB2.0 cable included
- 5-year warranty against manufacturing defects
Other microscope accessories you will need:
- Slides – Size: 3.6 x 3.1 x 1.2 inches
- Coverslips – Premiere 94-1818 Square Cover Glass, 18 x 18mm Size, No. 1 Thickness (10oz.)
- Test tubes – Size: 15ml, Conical bottom, Plastic, with screw top Lid
- Transfer Pipettes – Karter Scientific 206H2 – 3ml Graduated Transfer Pipettes, Vol 7ml, 1/2ml Graduations, 155mm, Pack of 500 for $13.89
- Optical Lens Cleaner – Works for all lenses of microscopes – objectives, eyepieces, etc.
- Rodac Plates — Bluejay Bio 65mm Petri Dishes, Sets of 10 and 20 with Gridlines for Accurate Colony Counts – Medical Grade Polystyrene for Sterile Cultures. (10 Pack)